With a brand new year on the way, there’s a celebratory feeling in the air in London – and there’s really nowhere better to ring in 2014 than in the big city! With a host of brilliant parties, celebrations and events taking place, you can celebrate the start of the New Year in style. Here are our top 10 New Years Eve celebrations in London, to help you decide which party to pick!
1. New Years Eve Fireworks Display – Kick off the New Year with a bang, with thousands of revellers out on the streets of London, and amazing pyrotechnic displays over the skyline of classic London icons like Big Ben and the London Eye. With music, food and lots of gasping, there’s a true party atmosphere.
2. Get on the water – The New Years Eve SmartiePartie takes the party to the Thames, with an exclusive river cruise. Get the best view of the fireworks in London, and then dance the night away across two floors of clubs on the special cruise ship!
3. A retro style party – If you want to indulge your vintage side, then celebrate New Years Eve – Blitz style! With an authentic 1940’s bunker vibe, complete with ration cards, uniformed waiters and waitresses, and classic hits, this is a party with a difference.
4. Dine it up – If you don’t fancy dancing all night long but still want to commemorate the New Year by doing something special, how about a massive Italian feast? With a seven course meal in the heart of the city, you can enjoy a wonderful celebration with friends, then have a toast to 2014 at the stroke of midnight.
5. Enjoy the cabaret – With singing, dancing, comedy and more, cabarets in London are some of the hottest shows on earth, and at New Years, they get even better! Head over to see the exciting Lady Rizo as she brings her inimitable brand of sass and style to the stage, along with friends to make you laugh and sing.
6. New Year – Big Easy style – For an American flavoured celebration to the New Year, check out the Mardi Gras themed New Year’s party at Shaker and Company. With a feast of American food favourites like pizza and burgers, cocktails and of course, Mardi Gras beads and masks, you can look forward to a thrilling party atmosphere.
7. Enjoy the high life – With a view from the Shard – London’s most exciting new skyscraper. Take in the dizzying heights and enjoy a wonderful cocktail as you party in style.
8. Glammed up 70s party – With the Studio 54 themed celebration. Dig out your most glamorous sequins and flares – and look forward to a night of dancing to all your favourite 70s hits in this recreation of the iconic New York club.
9. Take a trip to the circus – With the crazy circus themed party at Belle Epoque. Expect aerialists, acrobats, jugglers and fire breathers! A night that’s guaranteed to be a memorable start to the New Year.
10. Phantom of the Opera – For a fancy dress take on a party, you can’t beat this one, based on the classic West End musical. With fantastic cocktails, gorgeous outfits and confetti canons at midnight, this is one exciting party.